PDA

View Full Version : Glades Update 4/10/09

Michael Pancier
04-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Other than car eating vultures, did the whole Glades yesterday starting at Anhinga....

at sunrise, several BCNH's, a handful of decked out anhingas, some active anhinga nests, a few GBH's, some Great egrets chowing down 3 eyed fishes....

2 STK sitings at Pahayokee around 9:44 am Fly bys close enough for handheld 400.

Amazing flight activity at Paurotis Pond around 10:20-11:00am. The rookeries are cooking with spoonbills and wood storks. Non stop flight action. Really need between 500-700mm to get nice shots though. All my shots were at 700 on tripod. Several osprey flybys as well there.

Mazrek was dead and Eco Pond dry . Lots of active osprey nests at Flamingo including one by side of the main road. Spotted several hawks as well down there as well.

I must say, at least getting my annual STK and some Spoons it was worth it. I do note that the flying spoons tend to have tags. The tags look like the ones I saw last year at Green Cay which tell me they were tagged in Florida Bay. So these are definitely locals.