PDA

View Full Version : Two Poppy Buds

John Lowin
04-11-2009, 12:15 AM
This image was created very early one morning in my yard a few years ago. You can see the tiny dew drops on the fine hairs of the buds. I liked the bristly feel of the image. This is converted from a color slide, so no detailed exposure details are available. Hope you like my image. C and C welcome, I'm here to learn. - John

Nikon F5
AF Micro-Nikkor 105/2.8D
Kodak E100 VS
hh

Kaushik Balakumar
04-11-2009, 06:06 AM
Simply lovely !
Very neatly composed - like the way the buds are tilted downwards mimicking each others 'pose' !
Love the rim lighting. Personally, I liked the noise grains in the image but mm not so sure if the hairs look a tad over-sharpened. Would wait for the experts to pitch in...
Thanks for sharing this image John.

John Lowin
04-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Simply lovely !
Very neatly composed - like the way the buds are tilted downwards mimicking each others 'pose' !
Love the rim lighting. Personally, I liked the noise grains in the image but mm not so sure if the hairs look a tad over-sharpened. Would wait for the experts to pitch in...
Thanks for sharing this image John.

Hi Kaushik, Here is the image with noise reduction. Is this better? - John

Ed Vatza
04-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Very creative image. To my eye, I prefer the first with the noise in the background. It just seems to work well with the B/W image.

John Lowin
04-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Very creative image. To my eye, I prefer the first with the noise in the background. It just seems to work well with the B/W image.

Hi Ed, Thanks for your kind comment, I appreciate it. - John

Kaushik Balakumar
04-12-2009, 04:31 AM
Hi Kaushik, Here is the image with noise reduction. Is this better? - John
Hi John,
I actually liked the noise in the BG. In my 1st message I've mentioned the same. I only felt that the hairs looked a tad over-sharpened. Personally I do like the noise - it suits this B&W image.
Sorry for the confusion :)

Bruce Murden
04-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Good comp, lighting, and texture here!

Anita Bower
04-18-2009, 04:05 PM
I usually don't care for B&W photos of flowers, but it works really well here. Strong image and composition. Love the detail!

Charles Wesley
05-23-2009, 06:19 AM
John,

Great vision on this one. I agree with Kaushik about the grain. I like BW work that has grain and deep blacks to give the image more pop.

Good use of selective focus....