PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Grooming

John Lowin
04-10-2009, 11:31 PM
This image of this young leopard was created in Samburu, Kenya. The grooming session lasted for several minutes so I was able to position myself at an eye-level vantage point. Thanks for looking, hope you like my image. C and C welcome, I'm here to learn. - John

f/7.1 1/250 ISO 200 @ 500mm
Canon 1D MkII
Canon EF 500mm f/4.0 L IS USM
hh

Sabyasachi Patra
04-11-2009, 03:13 AM
John,
It is nice that you got it at eyelevel. I like the sharpness. I feel the crop is tight for my taste. Some more separation between the ears and the top frame would have been good. I would have preferred the inclusion of the full foreleg. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Ken Watkins
04-11-2009, 06:33 AM
I would like to know how you got to eye level? I agree entirely with Sabyasachi's comments, the other alternative of a portait crop could be worth a try.

John Lowin
04-11-2009, 08:57 AM
John,
It is nice that you got it at eyelevel. I like the sharpness. I feel the crop is tight for my taste. Some more separation between the ears and the top frame would have been good. I would have preferred the inclusion of the full foreleg. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Hi Sabyasachi, Here is an alternative crop, with more air above the head, there is no more below. I feel this is too much room at the top. A looser crop on the original view distracted my attention from the action, that's why I didn't do that.

John Lowin
04-11-2009, 09:40 AM
I would like to know how you got to eye level? I agree entirely with Sabyasachi's comments, the other alternative of a portait crop could be worth a try.

Hi Ken, I had our driver drive into a little lugga and shot out the side window of the Land Rover. See above for alternate crop.

Ken Watkins
04-11-2009, 11:09 AM
I think the repost looks a lot better, very good luck to be able to get "below".

John Lowin
04-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Thank you one and all for your excellent comments. I really appreciate them. - John

Roger Clark
04-18-2009, 08:42 PM
John,
Beautiful image! I like your original best.