PDA

View Full Version : Mara Triangle Scenic

John Lowin
04-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Some of these Wildebeest were desperately seeking a small patch of shade in the late afternoon. Image created in the Masi Mara Triangle, Kenya. Hope you like my image. C and C welcomed, I'm here to learn. - John

f/16 1/320 ISO 400 @ 50mm
Canon 1D MkII
Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM
hh

Fabs Forns
04-12-2009, 01:02 AM
Very nice peaceful scene. Light is not optimal but not terrible either. Wish you had used a lower angle in this case to avoid the tree in the left to end at the mountain and the canopy of the one on the right to do the same.
Thanks for sharing this one!

Jackie Schuknecht
04-12-2009, 08:13 AM
See what Fabs is talking about with the tree horizontal with the hill on the left hand side. Still like the pic and the story behind it though.

Roman Kurywczak
04-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Hey John,
As Fabs mentioned......while not the optimal light.....handled pretty well with seperation of the trees and such. I do know it is tough to get lower of further back in these cases.......as you are normally not allowed out of vehicle......all in all......well handled and presents the herd nicely.

Robert Amoruso
04-13-2009, 08:37 PM
I like the expansive view John and but agree the placement of the trees in relation to the BG makes their lines merge to much.