PDA

View Full Version : End of the Night 2

Christopher Miller
04-10-2009, 06:02 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m244/CAMiller290/BPN/P3230318ResizeWeb.jpg

Here is a vertical shot of the moon scene I posted recently. Hopefully this is an improvement. I'm not sure about the placement of the moon. Do you think it would look better if the moon was in the ULC?
Any C&C are welcome!

Olympus SP-550 UZ
f4.3 @ 1/6, ISO 100, -0.7 EV
Manual mode, pattern metering, auto WB
Processed in PS CS2; curves adjustment, slight saturation increase, and noise reduction on sky

Jackie Schuknecht
04-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Hi Christopher, I like this better than you horizontal pano. Would have been nice to see trees with all branches rather than the evergreen?? Just a thought. Keep them coming!

Roman Kurywczak
04-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Hey Christopher,
I'm fine with the moon placement but Jackie does bring up an interesting point on the evergreen. I would also add the base line of black.....isn't really working for me. I may go even tighter still if possible......by either taking the image while the moon is lower on the horizon......or use a tele to further emphasize it. Don't forget that early in the am......while the sun is rising.....also works with the setting moon.

Christopher Miller
04-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks Jackie and Roman for your suggestions. I'll have to remember them for next time.

Robert Amoruso
04-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Christopher,

You on the right track. When I crop off the top of the image, I like the shape of the tree and the color behind it but the evergreen as a larger black mass is distracting and hurts the image. I find this part of the overall composition more interesting then including the moon. Look for the images within the image.

Christopher Miller
04-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Thanks Robert. I appreciate your input.