PDA

View Full Version : The Hunter

Bob Malbon
04-10-2009, 07:14 AM
http://bobmalbonphoto.zenfolio.com/img/v7/p603063740-5.jpg

Was able to get in a the travel line of this Fox. Was hoping to get the head reflected in the water. Did get some other frames looking at the camera - Fox heard the shutter. This Salt Marsh is wide opened for several hundred acres giving me a good sight line but few places to conceal. Just after sunup. 1DMk3 on 500 f4 at iso400, 1/640, f5.6, AIservo, manual exp. hand held. Bob
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

david cramer
04-10-2009, 08:46 AM
The intensity of the moment is captured very well here! Nice work setting him apart from the background. I'd be tempted to burn the grass (digitally-speaking) to darken it a bit more around him. I would love to see a shot of him looking at you, when you get a chance to post it.

Bob Malbon
04-10-2009, 08:51 AM
Well David this might not be the prize winner but since I spend way too much time giving my dog baths after she rolls in "it" I just love this moment in time. Bob

http://bobmalbonphoto.zenfolio.com/img/v7/p945851201-3.jpg<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Grady Weed
04-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Now this second post Bob...well...lets just say it stinks! LOL.

Robert Amoruso
04-10-2009, 02:44 PM
I like the both Bob and do understand about the dogs rolling in it. My recently deceased border collie was terrible about that and our new mixed breed border collie is just a little bit better.

On the first image, I suggest cropping out the water right the the far bank and go for a pano. It strengthens the image and accentuates the lines of the fox. Well done.

Axel Hildebrandt
04-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Great find and light. I like the idea of a pano crop in the first one.

Sabyasachi Patra
04-11-2009, 03:09 AM
Bob,
I think it is better to limit to one photo per post, apart from reposts of the same shot. I personally find that one shot per post helps in commenting better.

I like the first one. A pano crop will work as well since the reflection is not well defined. Light is nice. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Ed Cordes
04-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Great intense feel to the original post. I agree about the pano.