PDA

View Full Version : Fort Hancock

anita ray
04-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Fort Hancock, Sandy Hook NJ today. Finally some sunshine! And playing inside in bunkers. (makes no sense) HDR,soft infared conversion. Don't know if grafitti should be cloned out?

denise ippolito
04-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Anita, I see you guys went!! It looks like I missed some interesting images! I love the light coming thru at the top, and the corner off center,am undecided about the grafitti-

Fabs Forns
04-09-2009, 10:15 PM
I would keep the graffiti. The rays of light make it very interesting, Anita :)

Dave Woeller
04-10-2009, 07:42 AM
Anita, I agree witht the above. The light coming through the window is great. I also vote to keep the graffiti. I need to get up there this year. Maybe you could visit Fort Mott, or Fort Delaware if your down this end of the state. There's actually a boat that runs across the river to connect the two. Great shots to be had there too. Nice work.

Julie Kenward
04-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Nice conversion, Anita! I vote to keep the graffitti, too but would suggest maybe a little more sharpening. On my monitor it feels a bit soft throughout.

Dave Mills
04-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Hey Anita, Good eye on this one! I agree with Julie on the softness and I will be contrarian about the graffitti. I think it becomes a dominant part of the image and is constantly pulling my eye to it. I think the strength of the image lies in the lighting and the window.

Michael Pancier
04-11-2009, 09:38 PM
I'd keep the graffiti and would play around with a dark vignette or burn some of the lower end. I love the light beams and think by darkening the lower end a bit, perhaps a reverse ND grad would have the beams as your key light.....

anita ray
04-12-2009, 07:34 PM
good ideas. thanks all. looking back at the original it was a bit soft,probably due to manual focusing in low lite (old eyes)