Max Aperture Value : 5.0
Metering Mode : Spot
Light Source : Auto
Flash : Flash was not fired
Focal Length : 300.0 mm
Sensing Method : One-chip color area sensor

Julie Kenward
04-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Adrian, this is certainly appropriately named! I think your yellows are pretty saturated but not overly so...you're right there on the edge without going over. One suggestion from a composition standpoint is that the top flower is more in focus than any of the others so getting it more from a head-on angle and giving it more room in the image than the other flowers might strengthen the comp a bit. It would be as simple as moving just a step to the right and maybe shooting a bit from above or even head on to give it more of the glory in the image.

If you want to have some fun in Photoshop, select the BG from the flowers and open a hue/saturation layer and play around with the hue of the yellows a bit...maybe take them to the orange side so they pop the yellows on the flowers from the BG a bit more.

Adrian David
04-09-2009, 02:22 AM
Julie, thank you very much for the kind words! The goal of this Photo, was to present a yellow flower on a yellow background....and also to lead the viewers eye from the OOF flowers to the one in focus, with plenity of details.That was my intention. If I have failed, it is only my fault, but I'm still learning, and this is the right place to do it! Al of BPN members are helping me very much with their comments and suggestions! This is the finest virtual community I've ever been part of...Thank you very much, for the kindness and support that you have always gived me!

Adrian.

Julie Kenward
04-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Adrian, I don't want you to think you failed at the image...not at all! I just thought you might want to have some additional runs at the image and try something else to see how it compared to your original.

I like the yellow-on-yellow theme...just thought it might be interesting to try a different twist as well!

denise ippolito
04-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Adrian, I like your yellow on yellow composition, I think it's just the shadow on the main flower I would try to change. I like how everything just melts into the BG!

Don Lacy
04-09-2009, 12:22 PM
A very vibrant image the yellow on yellow works nicely here for me, I agree about the shadow everything else is well done.

Ed Vatza
04-10-2009, 04:04 AM
Having tried it in the past, I know color on color can be difficult. You did a very nice job here. What sets it off to my eye is the differing textures within the yellows. The tips from the others can help especially since I feel you have a strong image to start with.

Mike Moats
04-10-2009, 06:47 AM
Hey Adrian, I like the comp and I tend you like images that have contrast in color from the main subject to the background, but this one works well with the yellow on yellow.

Anita Bower
04-10-2009, 11:37 AM
I like this very much. A wonderful, happy splash of yellow! The selective focus works really well. I like the detail of the surface of the flower that is in focus.