PDA

View Full Version : GBHs Everywhere...

David Roach
04-07-2009, 02:12 PM
I was surprised this morning at the number of continuing GBH nests at Wako! As the oldest nests have already fledged chicks, new ones are just beginning. And some "singles" are still advertising for their chosen sites. I am hoping the one that was displaying at the best site from last year (great flat area with good morning light and far green BG) is successful in attracting a mate. On this beginning nest, given boardwalk constraints, the wind was right for landing but the morning sidelight was an exposure nightmare. Comments, suggestions and learnings welcome.
1DMKIIN 100-400 ISO 400 F5.6@1/1000

Axel Hildebrandt
04-07-2009, 04:21 PM
I like the incoming pose, light and BG and would give it more room. I'm undecided if I would remove the OOF bird in the foreground.

Doug Brown
04-07-2009, 05:31 PM
The subject bird looks good and is bathed in really nice light. I find the other bird to be somewhat distracting though.

David Roach
04-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Since the mate, bristling with anticipation as it's partner returns, was part of the story and there was separation between them, I wanted to keep it as is. I do get your point asthetically, though. As always, thanks for the learnings!

Daniel Cadieux
04-09-2009, 11:28 AM
I also see your point in wanting to keep the other bird there, but we are really missing it's face. If even at least part of the bill was visible then it may have be worth keeping in there. Good job on the incoming bird!!