PDA

View Full Version : Beard-tongue (Penstemon)

Bryan Hix
04-07-2009, 11:19 AM
I just starting posting on this site, so I am looking for constructive feedback to improve my skills. Thank you.

I love these flowers and planted some in the garden last year. I liked this photo the best because of the position of the flower with the buds in the BG. I just started taking macro photos last year and have a lot to work on this year. I chose a little different crop, so curious if this works or not. This was taken with my Sony/Minolta gear before I switched to all Canon. Thanks.

Sony A700
Konica Minolta 100mm f/2.8 Macro
ISO 200, f/13, 1/200th
Pattern meter, FF
PSE 6-levels, sharpening

Mike Moats
04-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey Bryan, welcome to the macro gallery, very nice image, good details, lighting, and BG. Interesting flower.

Gus Cobos
04-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Hi Bryan,
I like the capture, image and the composition...the color rendition is very good, you have fine sharp details in the petals...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Bob Allen
04-18-2009, 10:47 PM
I know the genus well, but not the species in your area. The two very long hairs that appear to hang off the staminode (toward your signature) seem way too long for Penstemon. Were those accidentally included or are they actually that long? If an accident (as I suspect) then they are a distraction and should be removed. Otherwise, leave them alone. The composition and exposure are well done.

Bryan Hix
04-19-2009, 07:45 AM
Bob, I didn't modify the plant in any way, so I guess all I can say is God made them that way. :) I can find out what variety these are and let you know. Thanks for the comments.