Dave Mills
04-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Shot this last spring.
Nikon D300 200 Macro
F22 1/250 iso 200 -2/3 comp
tripod mtd natural light (overcast day)

Ed Vatza
04-07-2009, 04:54 AM
Very nice image, Dave. The yellows look great and the whites are perfect to my eye. Very sharp image. The overcast worked well to your advantage. Well done.

Gus Cobos
04-07-2009, 05:31 AM
Hi Dave,
Nicely done...your whites are in check with fine details....I like the feel...:cool:

denise ippolito
04-07-2009, 07:50 AM
Dave, Beautifully done! I like the reflected yellow in the water drops,it adds something special to the composition-and since I love white it's a winner!!BTW -Whites look great-

Julie Kenward
04-07-2009, 12:34 PM
I looked at the initial image and thought something was not quite right...but it was so close it was hard to tell what it was. I downloaded the image and opened a layers adjustment and grabbed the white balance eyedropper and there it was - a slight color cast.

I added a slight curves adjustment and brought the yellows to a little deeper hue and this was the end result. See the slight difference? It's little but its there.

Also, one other thing that would have put this over the top for me would have been those drops of water - if they had been more highly in focus - that would have really added a whole other layer to this image.

Mike Moats
04-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Hey Dave, nice image, good details and the repost by jules does whiten the whites.