PDA

View Full Version : Spoonbill Portrait

Dave Phillips
04-06-2009, 08:17 PM
this is a full frame zoo portrait. Had a 400mm mounted and did all I could to get the bill in the frame
and this is through a heavy meshed wire. I know it is very tight in frame, but hope there is some
acceptance that it is for effect

400mm, ISO 800, 1/320, f/8, +.33ev
Thank you for any c/c, much appreciated

Randy Stout
04-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Dave:

I think you did very well. The bird is sharp where it counts, eye and bill, exposure good, great head angle, interesting and complimentary background. Yes, it is tighter than I would like generally, but I still find it effective. the detail in the forehead, eye and upper beak is great.

I generally am not a huge fan of dappled light, but the play of light was very effective here.

Cheers

Randy

Jackie Schuknecht
04-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Really nice Dave,
The colours look great, BG is killer. My only suggestion is just a bit more room for the bill on the bottom. Do like the tight crop in the other areas though. I think the mixed lighting is subtle enough and works in this situation.

Stu Bowie
04-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Brilliant detail on the head and bill Dave. Pity this is too tight, but thanks for pointing out that this was captured in captivity.

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-07-2009, 02:00 AM
Good details, but for me just too tight. Sorry. A little more room on bottom is all it needs I think. :) Thanks for posting.

Dave Phillips
04-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks for comments and input friends...I indeed should add a wee bit to the bottom