PDA

View Full Version : "Sammy At Play"

Gus Cobos
04-06-2009, 07:06 PM
“Sammy At Play”
<O:p</O:p

Meet my little friend Sammy. Sammy also lives in a little corner of my Pops enchanted garden. Sammy is a ladies man; always trying to romance the Lilies and the Tulips in the flower beds. This morning I found Sammy visiting Miss Pandora; so I came in closer for a peek. Sammy and Pandora were painted with a Nikon D200, using a Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 macro lens with a 36mm extension tube.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 105mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering only / 1/60sec. - f/2.8 / exposure comp @ -1.3EV / ISO @ 200 / white balance @ cloudy / AF - Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution - Nikon R1C1 wireless close up speedlight system; both light units set to minimum fill flash with a wide dispersal pattern with unit #1 porting a yellow gelitan filter; and unit #2 porting a green gelitan filter for a creamy candy-like hue. / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform - tripod assist / cable trigger release /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Ed Vatza
04-07-2009, 04:58 AM
Sammy better be careful lest he fall and hurt himself!

I like the composition a lot here, Gus.

The ant in this image does not look as sharp as he could be. I do like the way the edge of petal comes into focus as we move back and then goes soft once again. Maybe its my imagination but it looks like there is a tad bit of noise in the petals. As ISO 200, that should be a problem so maybe its just my eyes this morning.

denise ippolito
04-07-2009, 07:47 AM
Gus, The composition is terrific! See just a tad of noise-Colors and feel ,over the top!!!

Grady Weed
04-10-2009, 04:23 AM
Gus, this composition is to die for. Excellent lines leading you all over the top to bottom. And the little ant is a killer idea. Good colors and diffused light. My eye is draw to the upper rights darker spot. A minor concern. It has a "Great Wall Of China" feel to it. Well done painter of light. Young Darth! Holster that light saber.