PDA

View Full Version : Azure Damselfly

John Lowin
04-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Image created on the banks of Faylor Lake in Pennsylvania. The color variation of Damselflies always amazes and fascinates me. Hope you like my image. Thanks for looking. C and C welcomed, I'm here to learn. - John

Canon 1D MkII
Canon EF 180mm f/3.5 L USM Macro
Gitzo CF 1228 Tripod
Arca Swiss B1 Ball Head

Mike Moats
04-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Hey John, very nice job on this one, good details and good BG. Well done,

Ed Vatza
04-07-2009, 05:01 AM
The d-fly looks fine. I really like the grass perch and the background looks great. The only nit, and I mentioned above to Gus, is that I am seeing a bit of noise in the background. Maybe my eyes this morning but maybe there is something there. Have you tried any noise reduction?

Gus Cobos
04-07-2009, 05:26 AM
Hi John,
I like the compositional balance in frame, your subject has fine sharp details...there is a very slight trace of noise left over by your first pass of low level noise reduction, it need just a little more...I like it...good show...:cool:

Julie Kenward
04-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Actually, I don't think its noise...I downloaded the image to try running noise reduction and it actually looks more like some jpeg artifacts - might be overly sharpened (although it doesn't look it) or maybe a big crop (although that didn't seem to be the case either...) so I'm stumped. I think the DF is well done and like your crop and composition but whatever it is that is lurking in your BG needs to be removed - maybe with the blur tool or a blur mask?

John Lowin
04-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Actually, I don't think its noise...I downloaded the image to try running noise reduction and it actually looks more like some jpeg artifacts - might be overly sharpened (although it doesn't look it) or maybe a big crop (although that didn't seem to be the case either...) so I'm stumped. I think the DF is well done and like your crop and composition but whatever it is that is lurking in your BG needs to be removed - maybe with the blur tool or a blur mask?

Do you like this better?