PDA

View Full Version : Fort Zachery Pano

Michael Pancier
04-06-2009, 03:21 PM
This is a multi vertical stich pano of this old Key West landmark that I'd never seen until yesterday afternoon. Pano was the only way to shoot the fort given my lighting situation....

5d Mark II
24-105L
f/16
1/250
ISO 100
polarizer

Paul Marcellini
04-06-2009, 04:48 PM
It has sort of a zooming at you effect. I've never seen this either. I thought it was Dry Tortugas from the thumbnail. I might up the contrast and color to make it pop a bit more. Also raise exposure a touch and maybe crop the bottom so it isn't 50/50.

Dave Mills
04-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Hi Michael, I like your composition very much. I agree with Paul about the contrast and color. It could use a pop. Personally, I wouldn't crop the image further. The image is shown to be divided in half in a small area on the rear left. Other than that it's hard to discern since the fort is so dominant and breaks up the image. Good eye and an interesting subject.

Robert Amoruso
04-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Interesting perspective Michael. Fort really draws you into the image and through it. Depending if you crop, I would clone out the white dots in the water LL.

Roman Kurywczak
04-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Hey Michael,
Above recommendations would help......but time of day is tough here......comp is excellent and the stitch is great......I think if you re-visit this with better light this will really be a winner.

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Very nice work buddy!
Nice compo and good colors. I just wonder how a darker sky would look in this one.