PDA

View Full Version : A New Beginning.

John Lowin
04-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Dawn on the Mara and a fresh start. New wildlife and birds to view and photograph. New animal behavior to study and learn from. New sounds and smells to experience. New images to create! Hope you like my image. C and C welcomed, I'm here to learn. - John

f/8 1/5000 ISO 800
Canon 1D MkII
Canon EF 500mm f/4.0 L IS USM
hh

Paul Marcellini
04-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Nice and simple and colorful. A great combo. I might crop a little off the left to uncenter the sun and I'm undecided on the reeds catching light in the foreground. I'm going in 12 days, can't wait.

John Lowin
04-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Nice and simple and colorful. A great combo. I might crop a little off the left to uncenter the sun and I'm undecided on the reeds catching light in the foreground. I'm going in 12 days, can't wait.

Hi Paul. Thanks for your comments. I envy you your trip, if it's your first trip, you'll love it. (It won't be your last) If it's not, you already know that. What country or countries will you visit? If you don't mind sharing, who will you be going with if it's an organized safari? Have an outstanding time, I can't wait to see your upcoming images. - John

Paul Marcellini
04-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Yes, John, first trip. I will be in Kenya. The safari is through David Anderson, not my choice its a prize. I will be writing all about it on my blog. It was hard to find any reviews on him so I figure I can put one up for others. I'm excited but rushing to make sure I have everything I need.

Robert Amoruso
04-06-2009, 11:25 PM
John,

I would agree that Paul's suggested crop would strengthen an already strong image. I am for cloning over the backlit grasses below the sun.

John Lowin
04-07-2009, 09:47 AM
John,

I would agree that Paul's suggested crop would strengthen an already strong image. I am for cloning over the backlit grasses below the sun.

Robert, If I were to do that, I'm afraid that I would loose not only the tiny hillock, but the glow. Unless you know of a way around those concerns. - John

Roman Kurywczak
04-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Hey John,
Agree with the crop off left......will balance it better. I'm with Robert on the grasses......as i feel it doesn't add.....but tends to draw the eye from the sun.......but the final call is yours.......maybe just some careful clean up around the grasses and hill.....would also do the trick. I am also debating cleaning up the two things sticking up out of the grasses on either side of the tree....still undecided....but worth exploring for yourself.
I'm going back with my tour in Feb......but to Tanzania.......can't wait!