PDA

View Full Version : Great White Egret W/Breakfast

bill kominsky
04-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Back for another beating folks, this was taken at Green Cay where there is banner year for the Tadpoles. Literally the ponds are teeming and the fish feeding voraciously, thank goodness. Here is one from the other day.
ISO=400 @ f/6.3 1/3200th. of a sec and a 0.7 Ec. at 400-MM.
Thank you all who visit and comment, it is all greatly appreciated.

Bill

Kim Rollins
04-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Push to the right but nothing blown and that is difficult with these white ones. You did very well on the exposure IMO and to me it is sharp enough too.

Good bg. I will mention that there is just a little tiny light spot in bg extending from neck front and it pulls me form the birds eye to it. I think I would just heal that a bit and put a stop to that. :)

Well done Bill.

Stu Bowie
04-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Is that little tadpole going to fill him up? Havent seen an egret with green markings before. Always great to see other species. Well captured Bill.

Ramon M. Casares
04-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Great moment, love the fact that the prey is not a fich but tadpole, it makes it a different image in the good way... It seems to be some hot whites but not much, I actually like the exposure. Congratulations Bill! Very well done!

Judy Lynn Malloch
04-06-2009, 03:14 PM
The beautiful green mating eye really shows up in this image and I really like your choice of crop here Bill. The tadpole is a real plus as well. Fine work !!!!!!

Fabs Forns
04-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Very nice work, Bill, you have been missed :)

I echo all the comments, but I think the green is over-saturated, especially close to the eye.

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Fabulous catch Bill! I like it, exposure of whites may be a littl too strong, but a histogram check should tell you if you have retained enough details. Love the caught prey, and I cannot comment on saturation, as I have never seen this green lobe mating coloring, but it does look a little saturated to me too. Overall, a good effort IMHO. Maybe a touch more sharpening would be helpful. :)

bill kominsky
04-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Thank you so much Fabs for your kind words. Hoping you are well and that your wonderful husband is well also. In this particulr instance I did not raise the saturation level at all and this is why I chose to post this one I think this is the true mating/breeding color, thank you again so much and looking forward to finally meeting and seeing you.

Bill

Kris Mortensen
04-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Great shot Bill! Probably one of my favorites from you! I was there 2 mornings and an afternoon this week and it was hopping!