PDA

View Full Version : Burrowing Owl Flight III

Ramon M. Casares
04-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Again with the Burrowing Owls, here's an image I've created yesterday, I was standing near one of these guys and a second one just came flying over me to check me out for a few seconds :)
Hope you like it, C&C are welcome and apreciated!

MarkII
Tv 1/2500Seg.
Av F4.5
Compensación de exposición +2/3
Velocidad ISO 400
Objetivo 300mm f/4

Randy Stout
04-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Ramon:

Another lovely flight image. Great eye contact, very sharp, fine wing position which shows the feathers nicely arrayed. Good exposure. I like the framing and background.

I might try lightening the underwing area a bit.

Really nice.

Randy

Kim Rollins
04-06-2009, 12:24 PM
I think you just nailed it. :)
Great to see your BO images. You birds are a slight variation in color then the ones I see here locally and I always find the variation because of local interesting.

I am still waiting for the Burrowing Owls to make their spring return here.

Fabs Forns
04-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Perfect wing position and eye contact. I may take some red out of the blue sky.

Congrats, Ramon :)

Mark Dumbleton
04-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Super image - lovely eye contact and pose. Colours great and super detail under the wing!
Well done.

Stu Bowie
04-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Eye contact at its best Ramon. Love the posture, and excellent exposure on the underwing. Very well captured. You guys are so fortunate to have so many owls around.

denise ippolito
04-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Ramon, Excellent wing position great eye contact! Well done!

Randy Stout
04-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Ramon:

I took the liberty of using Fabs suggestion on the sky, and my own thought on lightening under the wings, and produced this repost. It is subtle, but perhaps an option to consider. Such a great shot. I just have to find some burrowing owls that still know how to fly!

Cheers

Randy

Doug Brown
04-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Superb photo Ramon! Great eye contact with big dark pupils, nice underwing detail, and great sharpness. Agree about the magenta cast. I might crop a bit off the top.

Judy Lynn Malloch
04-06-2009, 03:18 PM
One of the best flight images of the burrowing owl that I have seen Ramon. Your timing was perfect !!!! Big congratulations.

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-06-2009, 03:22 PM
You're killing me amigo! This is top notch work. Enough to get you down under I say! ;) Well done mate. Love all aspect of it and the repost with the slight red removal is even more appealing. Big congratulations!

Cheers
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CDONATA%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Ákos

Bob Malbon
04-06-2009, 05:38 PM
R, Just the BEST!!! Bob

Ramon M. Casares
04-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Thak you all for your comments and suggestions, I like the repost but it's too bright to my taste, here another version with the corrected sky and the suggested crop by Doug :) Let me know if you think it's better. Thanks!

Bob Malbon
04-06-2009, 07:07 PM
R, You got it on the re-post - SUPER CAPTURE!!! Bob

Kim Rollins
04-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Thak you all for your comments and suggestions, I like the repost but it's too bright to my taste, here another version with the corrected sky and the suggested crop by Doug :) Let me know if you think it's better. Thanks!

There you go! Good work on it, you got it.

John Blumenkamp
04-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Awesome image Ramon... love the wing position and that stare you captured!

Nancy A Elwood
04-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Ramon you got it perfect on your repost!! That eye contact is just a killer and in flight as well. I am very, very jealous!!;):)

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Your repost seals the stamp of quality Mr. Casares. ;) I think you nailed it bigtime! :)

Ramon M. Casares
04-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Hey Akos, I apreciate your opinion and you comming back to check the repost out :) Thanks!

bill kominsky
04-07-2009, 06:37 AM
Your original is fine Ramon maybe a tad to red in the sky as fabs said but to obrusive, I've photographed these guys on the ground but never saw them fly, I will pay more attention, thanks for sharing.

Bill

Mike Lentz
04-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Your repost seals the stamp of quality Mr. Casares. ;) I think you nailed it bigtime! :) Ditto! Congrats!