PDA

View Full Version : How to Anchor a Point on Curves

Jackie Schuknecht
04-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Silly question, I used to remember how to do it, now I can't. Working on a PC, CS4, how do you select a point in your image and place it on the curves adjustment line to either lighten or darken. It's making me a little nuts!

denise ippolito
04-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Jackie, If you hold the Ctrl key when you click the image an anchor point is created-Is that what you were talking about.

Jackie Schuknecht
04-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Think that's it. Too tired to give it a go, but I'll try next W/E. Trying how to learn how to punch up the colours in LAB mode, thanks Denise!

Dave Phillips
04-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Think that's it. Too tired to give it a go, but I'll try next W/E. Trying how to learn how to punch up the colours in LAB mode, thanks Denise!

Jackie, one way to easily punch up an image in LAB color is to simply steepen
the A and B curves

Alfred Forns
04-06-2009, 07:19 AM
Jackie we have a tutorial for the LAB color tweaking !! If you can't find it let me know.

Jackie Schuknecht
04-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Thanks Al, the one on Kelby on-line looks pretty difficult. Will look for the BPN one.

Dave Phillips
04-06-2009, 05:57 PM
I pm'd you link to some great tutrials Jackie

Jackie Schuknecht
04-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Thanks Dave:)!!!!!

Charles Glatzer
05-15-2009, 03:05 AM
Here is a tip for adding anchor points on the curve to help tweak specific tonal values.

Click the pencil icon in curves panel (Draw to modify the curve), them click on the curve. Next click the curve looking icon ( Edit points to modify curve) directly above the pencil icon and click on the curve again. Seven equally spaced anchor points will appear on the curve. Note - anchor points can be moved with the arrow keys, and/or dragged further/closer to each other to further define tonal adjustment.

Additionally, I highly recommend changing the layer blending mode to Luminosity to avoid altering color, saturation, etc., when using Curves to tweak tonal values.

Best,

Chas

Jackie Schuknecht
05-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the great tip Charles.