PDA

View Full Version : White Reddish Egret flyby

Brandon Holden
04-05-2009, 06:28 PM
http://www.peregrineprints.com/NSN/whitered.jpg
1DM2n, 600mm... 84% of frame.. ISO 100, F 4.0, 1/2500 - manual mode

The only true "target" bird on my trip to Florida was a white morph Reddish Egret in breeding condition (with the coloured lores/legs and brighter bill). It took me a few tries to get it too! I had seen White Morph birds at Fort De Soto and Little Estero Lagoon, but none had the good colours. Finally, on my 2nd day at Tigertail Beach in Marco Island, I had a chance to photograph one in the afternoon! The light was a bit harsh, but I was very happy to get some good shots. That evening I decided to dash to Everglades N.P. - as I was tired of wandering around tidal saltwater lagoons!

Happy Shooting!

Brandon

Randy Stout
04-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Brandon:

Pinkies in breeding plumage have to be about the most elegant of birds.

Wing position is great, with just enough angle to show the back wing well. The head is angled just a bit away.

If you have it I would like just a tad more room on the bottom.

This guy is sharp, and you noted the harsh light.

Even for a pinkie the saturation looks a bit high, but you were there.

Thanks for sharing!

Randy

Axel Hildebrandt
04-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Great pose, details and BG, good-looking specimen, too. I agree regarding more room at the bottom, there is a slight sharpening halo around the legs and the whites look a bit blueish on my monitor.

Harold Davis
04-05-2009, 07:49 PM
really sharp, brandon and i like the bg too. agree with the others above.

Arthur Morris
04-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Sharp with a lovely wing position and BKGR. The pinks and blues absolutely need to be toned down a bit and reducing the contrast a bit might help too.

Stu Bowie
04-06-2009, 12:26 AM
This is pin sharp. The nearer wing on top seems a bit hot on my screen, but still well captured.