PDA

View Full Version : Bosque Morning

david cramer
04-05-2009, 11:28 AM
One of my last sunrise shots at Bosque before the birds migrated north. Just a little fog hanging over the water as the birds began moving about.

At Artie's suggestion at NANPA I added some canvas on the right, as the swimming goose had just moved into the frame when I took the image.

http://davidwcramer.smugmug.com/photos/505823175_bMpvt-L.jpg

D300 with 17-55mm @ 34mm. f/8, 1/20, iso 800 ev 0.00
http://davidwcramer.smugmug.com/gallery/1100606_y4VUp#505823175_bMpvt

Dave Mills
04-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi David, The lighting and exposure on this is excellent. The birds in the center add interest to that area and the upper cloud frames it nicely. For my taste I would eliminate the goose on the right.

Robert Amoruso
04-06-2009, 05:54 AM
This is very nice David. Lots of layers, soft light and visual interest in the various horizontal layers. Plus a unique persepective on this location too. I agree with Dave on cloning out that goose. Interesting the different suggestions you get from Artie vs. Dave and I.

david cramer
04-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Thanks Dave and Robert. That's the beauty of art... we all have a unique perspective. I like having the goose for the added movement and balance it provides to counter the strong tree on the opposite side. But I agree the image would look nice sans goose.

John Ippolito
04-06-2009, 11:19 AM
David, I like the cool colors, layers and comp on this. The only distraction for me is the dark wake trail behind the goose that takes me back out of the frame. Just another view on a nice image.

Paul Marcellini
04-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Nice light and lots of layers. I would also lose the goose. Your 2 main subjects(tree and goose) are very close to the edges. I would crop over before the goose and have the flock of birds leading to the tree.

Jackie Schuknecht
04-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Very dramatic David with electric blues in the sky and water. Like the presentation, but find my eye keeps getting drawn back to the goose on the right. Lovely silhouette of the geese flying and the two trees. Hope it is going to print.

david cramer
04-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Thanks for all the good (and consistent) advice. I'll keep the goose, but move him in further from the frame and clone out the trail. Much appreciated.

Roman Kurywczak
04-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Hey David,
of course final choice is yours......but as i am also for goose removal.....but for a different reason.......it seems too out of scale with the rest of the scene.....and for me at least......takes away from the tranquility......nice luxury to have with multiple presentations though!