PDA

View Full Version : Wetlands Scene

Stuart Frohm
04-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Captured with Pentax K100D, Takumar-F 28-80 (at 68 mm), f4.5, aperture priority, spot metering, ISO400 during a photo session with an architectural photography class near an architectural firm's building. Some tinkering in iPhoto '08.

I'm drawn to birch trees. And yes, I did get around to photographing the exterior and interior of the building, as intended.

Another benefit of the evening was a chorus of frogs.

Kaushik Balakumar
04-05-2009, 09:30 AM
You have some interesting textures out there Stuart.
Might be interesting to try closing in further to some smaller portion of the frame. Picking up smaller sections can help removing over all clutter plus we can emphasize on small details in the texture.
Just my thoughts... :)

Julie Kenward
04-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Stuart, I agree with Kaushik. I cut a bit off the top and the left side. This got rid of the one round leaf along the top frame that was half in/half out and brought a little more focus to the red leaf just below the surface on the left side of the frame.

Love the textures in this...your eye tends to stay in the frame for a long time looking around at everything...so nicely done! I do wish we could see that red leaf just a bit more clearly but the birch tree really carries the image.

Stuart Frohm
04-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks very much for the comments and suggestions.
Stu

Gus Cobos
04-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Hi Stuart,
I like the image and capture...the various textures and color tones make it for me...Julie's repost puts it over the top...:cool:

Ed Vatza
04-07-2009, 05:18 AM
This one is all about patterns and textures and I think you captured them well. The crop makes the image stronger but, to my eye, it is a strong image to begin with. Nicely seen and captured.

Stuart Frohm
04-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Thanks very much, everyone!
Stu