PDA

View Full Version : Aspen Leaves Floating

Jared Gricoskie
04-04-2009, 09:08 PM
I was digging through my files for another project and found this shot that I'm not sure about. It doesn't have a specific subject, just a pile of leaves floating in a stream pool. Please tell me what you think.

D300, 150mm Sigma Macro, f22, 1/20th, ISO 500, EV -.33

Stuart Frohm
04-05-2009, 05:50 AM
I think I understand why you aren't sure about it. It is very busy. However, it is a rich photograph — one to which I'd enjoy returning it was displayed on one of my walls. One of the elements I enjoy is the vertical leaf in the lower right corner.
On my monitor, the three brightest yellow leaves lack some detail — as if their saturation might be too high.
Most respectfully,
Stu

Kaushik Balakumar
04-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Like this image a lot. Nice assortment of dry leaves. Lovely rich colours.

Julie Kenward
04-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Jared, I totally agree with Stuart...the brightest yellow leaves are a bit oversaturated. I think if you selected them and pulled it back a bit you'd have a much more impactful image. You also have a lot of things in the mid-tone range and not a lot on the light and dark ends. You might also try to select a few leaves and pull them up or down in tone just to add some more depth.

Overall, I think the image is intriguing...it just needs a few "bumps" to get it to being outstanding.

Gus Cobos
04-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Hi Jared,
I like the composition...I too agree that the three saturated yellow leaves should be toned down a tad...the res is good...:cool:

Ed Vatza
04-07-2009, 05:20 AM
Nice color, texture and patterns, Jared. Yes, just dial back the yellow saturation a bit and you're good to go.