PDA

View Full Version : Iris Composite

Dave Mills
04-04-2009, 08:50 PM
This composite was made using a blank canvas adding the colored backround. I then multiplied the image using automate. I applied a dry brush filter to give it a softer look. I then applied a border...

denise ippolito
04-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Dave, This reminds me of my Mallard Mania image (link below)where I filled the BG with cloned Mallards to which you stated that your personal preference was for simplicity.You were right then and I am going have to agree with you-The main flower is spectacular and can stand on it's own nicely-I do love your creativity and think if the center flower wasn't so special this may be the way to go.Others may feel differently- I do love the colors and the details are super,your dry brush filter worked perfectly!!

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31839

Jackie Schuknecht
04-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Love the colours in the flower Dave and the colour of the BG. Love the petals at diferent angles and the repeating graphic in the BG. A fun image!

Gus Cobos
04-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi Dave,
I like this post card very much...I like the use of the effects applied, the background compliments your beautiful lady...well done...:cool:

Julie Kenward
04-05-2009, 10:13 AM
I really like the main iris but the pink on the BG just isn't doing it for me. Something in a softer less gray shade might perk the image up a bit more. To me, this leaves the iris feeling a little flat.

Harold Davis
04-06-2009, 04:44 PM
you guys are making this difficult!! dave, your creativity is awesome here. the flower you chose is fantastic.