PDA

View Full Version : Red, White & Blue Spruce

Mike Moats
01-28-2008, 09:37 PM
I had this composition in my mind, but it wasn't going to happen here in lower southeast Michigan, as the fall colors come to early for any real snowfall. I kept some fall leaves in my freezer and when December came and we had out first heavy snowfall, I pulled out this maple leaf and placed in a blue spruce in my backyard. Its my number one seller at the art shows. Fuji S3 Pro, Sigma 180 macro, Tripod, F32.

Robert O'Toole
01-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Outstanding colors and contrast, the image jumps off the screen. No doubt why its so popular.

Robert

John Cooper
01-28-2008, 10:22 PM
I can see why this is your number one seller at art shows Mike!! The branches of the blue spruce radiating from the lower LH third and projecting out diagonally makes for a strong graphic design. The red maple leaf is the icing on the cake!! Removing the very light ?pine-needles upper LH corner would enhance the composition for me.

Ed Cordes
01-28-2008, 10:33 PM
A real eye catching combination of dramatic color and graphic design. No wonder everyone likes it. Thanks for sharing.

Kaushik Balakumar
01-29-2008, 04:24 AM
appreciate the thought process behind it. the colour contrast really stands out. wonderful image...

rgds,
Kaushik