PDA

View Full Version : Sea almost at night

Guillermo Luis Cozzo
01-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Hi everyone, first of all I just want to thanks to all of you for your comments and contributions, they are really helpfull.

This time I bring another seascape, after sunset , in the Pacific Coast near "Viņa del Mar" in Chile, the light is almost gone & the sounds seams louder...just trying with slow shutter speed.

Canon Xt + 18-55lense. Tripod. Polarizer Filter. 2 sec. f18. ISO 200. Flash. F55mm. Metering Mode Average. DND in PS.

Best Regards!
Guillermo

Robert Amoruso
01-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Guillermo,

This is a very lovely image. I like the detail in the rocks, the hue of the sky and the blurred wave spray is just right. I find it interesting that you used flash to bring up detail in the FG rocks - good move.

Real nit-picky is the small rock near the edge of the frame lower right. I would like more separation.

John Cooper
01-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Hi, I like the moody effect you have created with the slow shutter speed. Maybe even a slower speed may have further enhanced this ethereal mood. The bright salmon sky contrasts with the cool tones of the water and rock. I like it!!

Phil Colla
01-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Well done, an appealing image. The color of the sky is great and the water blur is rendered nicely. I see a mild halo around the rock at upper right, not sure if that is natural or an artifact of post processing.

Alfred Forns
01-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Sweet Gillermo !!!! Love the tech info All work to perfection I would clone the little rock Robert mentioned This is one fine image !!! Big Congrats !!!

Rich Ikerd
01-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Super image Guillermo!! Great detail in the rocks, wonderful sunset sky and the crashing waves adds a dynamic touch to the image. There's a lot to keep the viewer's interest here.