PDA

View Full Version : Room with a view

Steve Bein
04-03-2009, 12:21 PM
While driving along Hwy 395 near Mono lake, I saw this cabin. it makes a wonderful foreground with the angry storm clouds heading my way over the snow capped Eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains. Canon 5D, 24-105 lens.

Robert Amoruso
04-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Steve,

Cabin makes for a good FG anchor in the image. I know it is diminishing returns but if including more of the FG would not have clipped the bushes, I would go that way - I am guessing including the clipped ones and you got more clipped ones though.

I noticed some banding/posterization in the sky. I would suggest that in your original try some local contrast enhancement to accentuate the fine details in this image.

Grady Weed
04-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Ditto Roberts comments. And by the way, can you book me a 2 months stay in the cabin? This image says solitude, peaceful and relaxing. Talk about classic cowboy and old west. Give me a home where the cowboys roam and the deer and the antelope play...Yee ha! Thanks for the pleasant break from reality.

Roman Kurywczak
04-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Hey Steve,
compositionally well placed on the barn. Agree with Robert on the posterization on the sky.....easy fix. I may shave a bit more of the blue on top.....to even further emphasize the barn.