PDA

View Full Version : East Beach Sunrise with Conch Shell

Michael Pancier
04-03-2009, 10:18 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3622/3393627263_82870bc27e_o.jpg

As part of my traveling conchshell series (I photograph it on various beaches), here's one on East Beach from last Saturday.

40d + 10-22
1/40
- 1/3 Ev
ISO 100
F/16

used grad filter in Nik Color Effects pro to balance exposure. Too windy for effective HDR here....

Robert Amoruso
04-03-2009, 09:32 PM
I think the waves produce a nice pattern from the shell to the BG - good leading line. I am finding the sun a bit distracting. Perhaps darkening the sky.

Roman Kurywczak
04-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Hey Michael,
I think what gets me here is the fact that the bridge is so minimal......is it the sky/sun????.....not sure.....but there is a lot of seperation between the shell and the bridge. Did you try a very long exposure here?......with all the wave action......maybe the silky look would add some color and interest.

Michael Pancier
04-09-2009, 06:07 AM
Hey Michael,
I think what gets me here is the fact that the bridge is so minimal......is it the sky/sun????.....not sure.....but there is a lot of seperation between the shell and the bridge. Did you try a very long exposure here?......with all the wave action......maybe the silky look would add some color and interest.

It was really windy so HDR was tough here...see dummy that I was, I left my grad filters in the car...