PDA

View Full Version : Canada Goose

Tony Whitehead
04-03-2009, 05:33 AM
Managed a brief morning walk with my parents at Lake Okareka yesterday, lovely early autumn morning - lucky to get a few Canadas in flight.
Nikon D300
Nikon 200-400 @ 400mm
ISO 800 f5 1/5000s
comments and suggestions appreciated as always

Stu Bowie
04-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Very well exposed looking up to the sky Tony, especially the blacks on the neck. Great show of the downward wing, showing lovely detail. I would maybe move him up in the frame a bit, but still, very well captured.

Axel Hildebrandt
04-03-2009, 09:58 AM
I like the wing position and eye contact. I'm quite surprised you have Canada Geese there. Were they introduced or did they take a 'few' wrong turns?

Ramon M. Casares
04-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Despite the hasrh light, I like the shot very much, the wing position is great, the detail and colors are great as well. Congratulations!

Tony Whitehead
04-03-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm quite surprised you have Canada Geese there. Were they introduced or did they take a 'few' wrong turns?
They were introduced, Axel. Along with Mallards (which now hybridise with the native Grey Duck), California Quail and Pheasants for gamebird hunting. The Canadas are still relatively localised but not popular with farmers as they compete with their stock for grazing and also make a bit of a mess. They look and sound beautiful.