PDA

View Full Version : House Finch Bad Hair Day

Gus Hallgren
01-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi, Photographed this male House Finch in our yard this morning, 11:00 AM with a cold wind helping the birds around. Used a Olympus E-500 IS, Aperture Priority, F 7.1, 1/2000s, ISO 400, 430mm hand held sitting, 0.00 EV, Auto WB . . . Gus

George DeCamp
01-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Hey Gus!

This is certainly one of your best yet....way to go! You have a nice clean background, the bird looks well focused, the bark is good, great pose and good composition too! What could be better? Well maybe the shadows on the underside of the bird, you could have used some fill flash and brightened that up a notch. It is a nit and really not too bad at all in my opinion. Like I said this is probably your best to date here...keep em coming you are doing well!!!

Judd Patterson
01-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Gus, like George said, this is a nice photograph. You have many of the technical achievements right on here, including a clean background and sharp bird. I agree that a little fill flash to lessen the shadows would be nice. It appears that you have a nice place to sit and watch some active feeders...sure beats sitting in the office like I was doing this morning! :)

Gus Hallgren
01-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Hi Gentlemen, Thanks for your upbeat comments, I learn something with every post. You guys answer the questions I ask myself or make me aware of something I didn't think about, and I make notes, as when I passed 80, my memory went on delayed action.. in appreciation . . . . Gus

Nonda Surratt
01-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Gus,

I so love the detail and colors, super job.