PDA

View Full Version : I haven't a Clue

Richard Lovison
04-02-2009, 12:40 PM
http://richardlovison.com/photos/merge.jpg

Another house plant macro though I don't know the name. There was far too much image clean-up after the merge in Helicon Focus than I care to admit.

Camera Info:
E-3; Vivitar Series 1 90-180mm Flat Field Zoom @180mm macro mode; tripod; 6 exposures using various focusing points at 1/320 sec, f11; natural light

RAW Conversion:
Olympus Studio 2 software; 5300K, -1 tint; Contrast 0; Saturation 0; Sharpness -2; aRGB color space

CS2 Info:
Images merged using Helicon Focus A method; curves adjustment; dSLR Fractal Sharpening; cropped; resized; Nik output sharpening; converted to sRGB

Ed Vatza
04-02-2009, 05:56 PM
I have no clue either, Richard but I do like what you did with Helicon Focus. Very nice details but that's what it's all about with that software. Actually, I would have guessed more than six images.

Helicon Focus is on my buy list (I just picked up Photomatix HDR). Now I know who to go to with questions. :D

Joseph Martines
04-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Very interesting composition.

I like the back lighting.

Gus Cobos
04-02-2009, 08:52 PM
I like this Richard,
this is well done, I like the texture and fine details and the overall sharp focus...the black background makes this rock...:cool:

Kaushik Balakumar
04-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Love the lighting here. The translucence in the 'seed sheath' looks gorgeous. Love the details.
Excellent job with Helicon focus.

anita ray
04-03-2009, 07:02 PM
The lighting is wonderful and the image has a nice artistic feel. Love the texture.

Julie Kenward
04-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Everyone has covered the beautiful lighting so let me say that the composition is right up there as well. You always managed to leave in all the important parts and leave out all the distractions - it's something others of us on this forum could benefit from remembering.

Overall, it's lovely to look at and interesting as well. What more can you want from an image?