PDA

View Full Version : Horizontal rose folds

massimomossi
04-02-2009, 07:53 AM
A pale green rose with a slight pink blush.

Olympus SP-570UZ, 9.77mm zoom, super macro setting, auto mode. ISO 80, f/3.5, 1/50sec. Nearly full frame--just cropped a little off the bottom and top of the picture; PP in PSE7: overall sharpening, noise reduction, color saturation. Natural light only.

Thank you for looking, and for commenting.
Massimo

Ed Vatza
04-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi Massimo.

You picked up detail in the petals very well but the hot spots toward the LR and UL really detract my eye. Also I know you used natural light but I think this could use a lot more exposure to brighten up the petals. (Yeah I know, you're already overexposed in the two areas I mentioned. Oh well.

Joseph Martines
04-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Would a diffuser have cut down the light?

Gus Cobos
04-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Hi Massimo,
I like the composition and capture...you did very good and pushed the envelope of your point and shoot camera, with the macro mode and the on board flash...you can take care of the rest in Photoshop...I like it...it is what it is...congrats...:cool: <!-- / message -->

Julie Kenward
04-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Massimo, I agree with both Gus and Ed...you did get the most out of a point-n-shoot macro setting but the natural light that is overexposed does tend to pull my eye away. I also think if you had the ability to get the details of the rose petals a bit more detailed the light might not have mattered quite as much because the details would have helped hold our eyes steady at the petals.

That said, I do like the overall image - I'd clean up the dark spots and blotches in PSE and try to tone down the hot spots a bit more and I think you'll have a very nice abstract macro image.