PDA

View Full Version : Posting and Editing Posted Images

Jay Gould
04-02-2009, 06:28 AM
This is a followup to the Image Posting Instructions created by George DeCamp and posted by James Shadle at the beginning of the Avian: Image Critiques:

1. Once you have followed these instructions, does the image automatically appear in the post?

2. :eek: I am getting ready to post some images; when an image is in a post what is the procedure to download the image, process in LR/PS, and then repost into the original thread? I see this being done all the the time on BPN; a wonderful teaching tool.

Axel Hildebrandt
04-02-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm not sure I understand. You mean you want to repost an altered image? You can do so by replying to your own thread and upload the image. It's a good idea to leave the original image in the first post so that viewers can see the difference.

Jay Gould
04-02-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm not sure I understand. You mean you want to repost an altered image? You can do so by replying to your own thread and upload the image. It's a good idea to leave the original image in the first post so that viewers can see the difference.

Hi,

Axel, in http://birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33389, for example, was the original image posted by Robert (I assume E. Robert goes by Robert :confused:) downloaded by Paul, reworked, and then uploaded by Paul?

That "downloading - reworking - reposting" seems to happen a lot; I think it is a great feature for teaching. I am looking forward to watching my images be transformed from my beginnings to an experts finished product and understanding how the difference was achieved.

How does it happen?

Is it as simplistic as right clicking on the image, saving it to your computer as a .jpg, reworking the .jpg image in LR/PS, and then uploading in the subsequent post?

Axel Hildebrandt
04-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Yes, pretty much. The problem is when you rework a jpg file, the quality suffers a bit but it usually brings the point across.

Jay Gould
04-03-2009, 01:39 AM
Protocol question: do you only rework someone's image in the Eager To Learn sections? I haven't carefully studied each section into the depths of time and I do not either want to inappropriately step on someone's image, or have an expectation when one of my images will or will not be reworked. Frankly, anything I post anywhere can be reworked as that is the way I will learn. :)

Daniel Cadieux
04-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Yes, you can do so in all "critique" sections. We see it alot in Avian...and you are right, good learning tool. We don't do it for every image obviously but it sometimes helps in getting the intended results across.