PDA

View Full Version : Medusa Head Basilica Cistern

Jim Caldwell
04-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Al Forns posted a wonderful image of the Cistern in Istanbul, so rather than post a similiar, this is one of the Medusa heads at the other end of the Cistern. I was planning on really experimenting with light on this, and then the guard there wagged his finger at me, "no tripods". Well, I did have a "bean bag" (backpack) with me, so, I put my camera on the backpack, set it with the timer and recorded this image about a 4 second shot and lit by an LCD flashlight! Sometimes you just have to get clever! Canon 5d MkII with 17-35 Tamron lens.

Gus Cobos
04-02-2009, 08:36 PM
This is excellent Jim,
I give you an A+ all the way around...bean bag and a flsh light...nice...:eek::D I like the angle of capture and the feel goes over the top...:cool:

Alfred Forns
04-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Just perfect Jim I have nothing even close !!!! Sure would be nice using a tripod

btw I was amazed at the number of places you can walk in that area !! The restaurant around the corner was really good !!!

Jim Caldwell
04-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the kind comments! The real photo would would have been one of me attempting to bend over the live view to see if the head was at least in the frame! We also had to wait for crowds to pass by as it can be a rather busy place down in the Cistern.

Al, the food here is outstanding - you are absolutely correct! We leave today for Cappadocia so I'll post as I have Internet access.