PDA

View Full Version : Angulocaste Rosings

John Lowin
04-01-2009, 08:20 PM
This orchid image was created in my home in Wisconsin. This is a hybrid cross of Anguloa and Lycaste species plants. It happens to be a blossom from a plant that I got awarded an "Award of Merit" by the American Orchid Society. Hope you like my image. C and C welcome, I'm here to learn. - John

f22 .6 ISO 400 @ 100mm
Canon 1D MkII
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Gitzo CF 1228
Arca Swiss B1 Ball Head
Canon Remote Release

Gus Cobos
04-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Well composed and executed John...the color rendition is very good, and the texture, combined with the play on light and shadows gives your image depth and consistency, the high-key background puts it over the top...good show...:cool:

Mike Moats
04-02-2009, 05:02 AM
Hey John, very well done, has a nice painted look. High key works well.

Julie Kenward
04-02-2009, 07:27 AM
I like it as well. Only little thing I can see would be to possibly clone the small piece at the base of the stem where it is entering the frame. I usually either let a leaf be all the way in or all the way out.

Ed Vatza
04-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Beautiful flower. Beautiful color. Beautiful texture. Excellent image even though I am not particularly fond of white backgrounds. ;)

Joseph Martines
04-02-2009, 07:36 PM
I agree with all that has been said.

How would a different background affected the image??

SInce you still have this at home you may try several and then come back to the white!!

John Lowin
04-03-2009, 11:38 AM
I agree with all that has been said.

How would a different background affected the image??

SInce you still have this at home you may try several and then come back to the white!!

Blossom is no longer in this condition, so I altered the bkg. I like the hi-key white better. John