View Full Version : morf egret

stuart wanuck
04-01-2009, 07:20 PM
nikon d 300 600 mm iso 400
1200 @ 6 manual no flash
all egrets are not alike! esp at ft desoto

Axel Hildebrandt
04-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Great interaction, poses and light. I would give it a bit more room on the left. Would a lower angle have been possible?

Randy Stout
04-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Stuart:

I agree with Axel about a bit more room to the left. I wish the two heads didn't merge. Beautiful birds!

Randy

Stephen Stephen
04-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Great interaction here Stuart. A touch more room for the bird's right wing tip would be nice.

Marina Scarr
04-01-2009, 08:21 PM
I really like the clean BG, the colors and the interaction between the two birds here. It almost looks as though the outer morph is about to wrap its wings around the other. It may need a little room on the sides but the focus of this picture appears to be the behavior, and you have captured that beautifully. Congratulations!

Steve Leach
04-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Great behavior shot.
I go to DeSoto often and have never seen two morphs together like this, so that alone to me makes it something special.
I think the behavior you caught here is good, like a hug is getting ready to happen.
Would it have been better of you were at water level in the typical DeSoto fashion, probably.
Would it have been better if there was a small degree of separation at the eye level, probably.

But as it is, I think its a pretty dang good capture of what I consider a rare event.

Ramon M. Casares
04-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Very nice poses, exposure, atitude, BG and detail. COngratulations!

Maxis Gamez
04-01-2009, 11:22 PM
HI Stuart,

Great capture. Love the behavior. I have to agree about more room to the left, I also think you need more sharpening. I'm glad you had many keepers!

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-02-2009, 12:28 AM
Wonderful capture Stuart. I agree about room on the left, but the line of the shore in the background makes me think the image is tilted. If it were mine I would probably quick mask that and add some water in instead. Just a though. It is a truly great moment though regardless. :)

Stu Bowie
04-02-2009, 01:53 AM
Excellent exposure on the whites, and great interaction. I would also like a bit more space on the left, but still well captured Stuart.

Steve Maxson
04-02-2009, 10:46 AM
A terrific behavior image, Stuart - and I don't think this interaction was about hugs (despite appearances) at all, but more likely aggression. Good exposure on the whites. You might try another round of sharpening and here's another vote for a little more room on the left.