PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Island again

JB Ellis
04-01-2009, 05:59 PM
I was able to get this tree better isolated. Plus I think the stumps may even help to balance the shot. Very early before dawn, with just a little light in the sky. 20 second exposure at f11 or there abouts. Three waves came and went between openning and closing the shutter.

Robert Amoruso
04-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi JB,

I like this one a lot. My only comment would be, were the stumps in the LR small enough to be inclued. If so I might have done that and then cloned out any other protrusions as needed. You are right that they balance the taller tree well.

Love the blues in the image - a favorite of mine as I am fond of cold tones. Good transition of tonality from surf to sky. Shutter speed just right for me.

Paul Marcellini
04-04-2009, 04:53 PM
You have a nice predawn shot here. I too like the blues but always end up waiting for the show. Sometimes it never comes. Robert has a good idea about completely including the stumps. I might hit the water with just a touch of contrast. I may play with it if I have time.

Roman Kurywczak
04-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Hey JB,
Did you use a split ND filter........would help emphasize any color even more......and lighten the FG a touch. Robert and Paul give excellent advice......inclusion with seperation.....preferable......waiting for more color.....even more so.....keep this in mind if you get a chance to re-visit.

JB Ellis
04-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks all for the great suggestions. It was so cloudy that the colors really did not improve with dawn. I wish I had not cropped the stumps, but too late for that now. I've got to get a split ND filter. I have many images where it would have helped.