PDA

View Full Version : Tule Elk at Sunrise

Joerg Rockenberger
04-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Taken at Point Reyes National Seashore in late December '08. Thanks for looking. JR

Canon 40D, 500F4IS, 1/320s, F5.0, ISO-400, Manual Exposure, Tripod w/ Mongoose 3.5a

ChasMcRae
04-01-2009, 11:16 PM
I spent 2 yrs in Ca in the 60s and never got a good look at the Tule........
I love the light on the animal and turn of the head.Nice smooth background isolates it.
I t does look similar to the Rocky Mtn Elk but different-more fragile and/or refined.
Anyway I like the image. Seems a little too much space in front but that s a picky-picky quibble.
Show some more of the species-action if at all possible. I would love to see them'
Chas.

Joerg Rockenberger
04-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Hi Chas,

Thank you for the kind feedback. If you have a chance to visit CA again make sure to go to Pt. Reyes Ntl. Seashore. It's about 1 - 1.5 hrs north of San Francisco and you'll see tule elk for sure. There are several hundred in one specific part of the park. Let me know if you want/need more information.

I've posted here some Elk images before but the search function doesn't seem to work. Otherwise I'd have provided you with the links.

I hope to go back in the fall. Should be exciting.

Best, JR

Ed Cordes
04-03-2009, 08:33 PM
I like the pose a lot. I also think it is nice and sharp. RE the space on the right I would consider cropping a bit from there as well as the top.