PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning at Two Jack Lake

Dave Mills
04-01-2009, 03:21 PM
This was shot not far from Banff. The shoreline to the right of the log would not normally be there but the water was so low I could walk out to that point.
Nikon D200 24-120 lense iso 400
F22 1/30, 0 comp, 2 stop split tripod mtd

Paul Marcellini
04-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Love the blue and gold combo Dave. I like the comp, but wish for a touch of separation between the mountain and tree roots. Not a deal killer though. Might try a touch more sharpening for web too. Otherwise, great capture of a wonderful scene.

Grady Weed
04-01-2009, 07:25 PM
I too sometimes do not see the aforementioned type of thing as Paul did. I have always wanted to travel around with an 8 ft step ladder in my truck and get a different bird eye view of some images. the Portland Headlight being one of them. That brings me to the point here. Back packing in a ladder is impractical. So maybe standing up is the only option, thats if you were crouching down in the first place.

Other than that small point, good image.

Robert Amoruso
04-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Furthering the discussion on vantage point, maintaining the height the image was taken at, I would have moved right to get the tree and the golden mountain separated.

Very cool image as mentioned. You balanced the important elements well and the tree trunk is a great leading line plus a diagonal. Nice work.

Roman Kurywczak
04-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Hey Dave,
Sweet light and great use of the split ND:D......I vote for the 8 ft ladder thing:eek:.......impractical yes.....but it would be handy! On a serious note.....did you move right? Like Paul said......not a deal killer.....but seperation would have helped imrove even further.

Dave Mills
04-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Hi Roman, Very simple fix...just clone it out...