PDA

View Full Version : "Nature's Edge"

Gus Cobos
03-31-2009, 09:03 PM
“Natures Edge”

Note: This image was composed using a Lensbaby to showcase Mother Nature's beautiful lady in the garden.

This is beautiful lady resides in my Pops garden. She was painted with a Nikon D2x, using a Lensbaby Composer, with a stacked combination of +10 and a +4 macro lens attachment.

Image solution:
focal length @ +/- 50mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / metering mode - combination of in camera matrix metering and a hand held spot meter, sampling three anchor points for even light distribution. / insert magnetic aperture disk of f/2 / shutter speed @ 1/1000sec. / ISO @ 200 / white balance @ cloudy / color space @ sRGB / AF - mode @ manual / lighting solution - used two speedlights with attached diffusers and yellow gelatin filters; each @ 45 degree angles; speedlights were powered down to 1/3 lumen burst on manual mode, each one behind additional diffuser panels. A 24" soft box was used at a 90 degree angle to achieve the soft glow. / exposure comp @ -2.7EV / tone comp @ +2 degrees / hue adjustment @ +3 degrees / saturation factor @ +3 degrees / support platform - tripod assist; using a macro focusing rail / cable trigger release /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Richard Lovison
03-31-2009, 10:02 PM
I like this image... very colorful, creative and beautiful. You have a very unique and interesting perspective.

Since you are showcasing the near edge of the leaf, I would have liked to have seen the entire length in sharp focus. Probably easier said than done as the leaf is angled toward the camera.

denise ippolito
04-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Gus, I like the feel you get with the Lensbaby-I like the soft BG and the focussed edge looks good to me.Well done.

Joseph Martines
04-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Gus:

You did it again!!!

What a wonderful background and capture of the edge of a leaf!!

Thanks for sharing.

Julie Kenward
04-02-2009, 07:30 AM
I love the BG Gus but might desaturate the yellow just a tiny bit. Ed did that in his Ranunculus image awhile back and it really evened out the BG without taking away the punch of the image.