PDA

View Full Version : First Landscape Post: Groote Peel

Inge Schepers
01-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Hi everyone,

I have never posted a landscape photo before. I bought the Tokina 12-24mm lens last week and wanted to give it a try. Since this is my first landscape attempt, I hope you can help me improve my skills. All help will be appreciated.

Inge

Don Nades
01-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Nice composition. The suggestion I would make is to do this shot either early morning or late evening so that the golden light might light up the grasses. Also, the sky in this shot is poor, a day with party cloudly sky would be a vast improvement. This might also make a good portrate oriented shot with your wide angle lense down close to the boards on the walkway. All in all it looks like a great shot to experiment with various angles and lighting.

Inge Schepers
01-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi Don,

Thanks for your comments. I think you are right about the light. Tis was definitely not an ideal day for landscape photography. But you probably know what it's like: you have a new lens and you just can't wait. :)

I wil definitely try to go back when the weather is better, late in the afternoon, and also try different compositions / angles.

Inge