PDA

View Full Version : Misty Sunrise Over Faylor Lake

John Lowin
03-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Cool damp morning at Faylor Lake, Pennsylvania. Shoes, socks and pant legs soaking wet. Frogs croaking. A glorious morning and a great day to be alive! Hope you like my image. C and C welcome, I'm here to learn. - John

Canon 1D MkII
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L USM
Gitzo CF 1228
Arca Swiss B1 Ball Head

Ian McHenry
03-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Hi John
Really like DOF from foreground to horizon and soft muted colours.
Thought the horizon could be raised a bit to get nearer to the 2/3.
Here's my take.
Cheers: Ian Mc

John Lowin
03-31-2009, 12:25 PM
Hi John
Really like DOF from foreground to horizon and soft muted colours.
Thought the horizon could be raised a bit to get nearer to the 2/3.
Here's my take.
Cheers: Ian Mc

Hi Ian, Thanks, I had looked at that and debated doing that vs clipping the cattails it the UR. I like yours too! I guess I'm just not much of a stickler for rules, as you can probably tell - John

Robert Amoruso
03-31-2009, 12:42 PM
John,

I can see why Ian cropped the way he did but I think the original is the way to go.

I like the soft muted colors and soft FG with some detail.

anita ray
04-01-2009, 12:11 PM
I like the first one posted better also. This is a lovely spot, having been there. Were you perhaps on a photo class staying at the farm up the road?

John Lowin
04-01-2009, 12:55 PM
I like the first one posted better also. This is a lovely spot, having been there. Were you perhaps on a photo class staying at the farm up the road?

Absolutely, at Mountain Dale Farm. There with Joe and Mary Ann. Sounds like you were there too. - John

anita ray
04-01-2009, 12:58 PM
yup, years ago. taught me foto 101.

what workshop did you take. they are the best, food is too much....

John Lowin
04-01-2009, 02:53 PM
yup, years ago. taught me foto 101.

what workshop did you take. they are the best, food is too much....

Hi Anita, Nature Photography Workshop and Intermediate Photoshop. The food, both at Mountain Dale Farm and Hoothollow was excellent. Been there three times for Kenya Reunions as well. - John

Roman Kurywczak
04-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Hey John,
Colors and mood are very nice. I generally like darker/black silhouettes as framing elements.....si I'd probably burn them in for my tastes......I am still debating the 2 UR grasses????......but not sure you could have done anything about them.

anita ray
04-03-2009, 07:10 PM
OK. PS taght by whom?Rick or Ellen?