PDA

View Full Version : Our First Cranes

Phil Ginn
03-30-2009, 11:54 AM
http://www.ourphotographicjourneys.com/Forums/_MG_6106.jpg

This image is from our first trip to Florida looking for birds. Birds are a new area for us and we would appreciate any feedback you may be able to give. We have not applied any sharpening to the birds but they seem to be very sharp out of the camera. I am sure it is due to the harsh light. Any suggestions on handing this type of situation?

<O:p</O:pThe image was taken at 400mm, 1/4000 second, f5.6, ISO400. We would appreciate your thoughts on improvements. Thanks Jo and Phil<O:p</O:p

Doug Brown
03-30-2009, 12:25 PM
I am sure it is due to the harsh light. Any suggestions on handing this type of situation?<o></o>

Harsh light is a real problem when photographing cranes. I tend to take a photographic breather when the light gets harsh.

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Neat to capture two flying together but I agree with Doug that it is better to shoot when the light is not so harsh. Many thanks for sharing Phil.

Randy Stout
03-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Phil:

When you are just beginning, I might disagree with the above two esteemed members, and say, shoot whenever you can. True, images taken with harsh light will always be flawed, but you can always practice tracking, exposure, situational awareness, etc. etc., etc.

So, keep shooting, so when the light is good, you will get your best possible images.

Just my .02

Randy

Stu Bowie
03-30-2009, 11:57 PM
Comp works well, and you will never get enough practise with shooting BIF. Keep them coming.