PDA

View Full Version : Tree Swallow

Desmond Chan
03-30-2009, 03:00 AM
D300 300mm f2.8 +1.4TC, hand-held. Manual exposure mode, no flash. ISO 800 f4.5 1/1000 sec.

Cropped.

C&C welcome and appreciated !!

Thank you for looking !!!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
03-30-2009, 05:49 AM
Looks fab for a cropped image Desmond. I like the high key feel to it. I wish I could see the eye, which incidentally, I can just about see in the reflection. Wonderful image and am curious on the amount of crop. Well done! :)

Fabs Forns
03-30-2009, 07:13 AM
Very nice as presented, too bad it's a large crop. I'd sharpen it some more.

Axel Hildebrandt
03-30-2009, 07:58 AM
I like the composition, pose and reflection and agree regarding more sharpening.

Doug Brown
03-30-2009, 11:52 AM
I'd like to see this one larger Desmond. Looks like a reasonable crop, but it's an excellent image. Love the high key with the great reflection.

Stu Bowie
03-30-2009, 12:49 PM
You have done extremely well to capture a very fast character, and very well done on capturing him just about to take a drink. Well done Desmond.

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Nice work and I love the reflection and action you captured in this image. Your timing was perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Kim Rollins
03-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Minimalism at its finest. I love this one.
Nicely done.

I think some sharpening for the image size could be added.
Directly above the reflection wing there is a distracting spot, perhaps a dust spot that was over looked and it could be easily fixed.

Desmond Chan
03-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Directly above the reflection wing there is a distracting spot, perhaps a dust spot that was over looked and it could be easily fixed.

Believe it or not, I think that was the bug that the swallow was after. In the next frame, the swallow was climbing up with the bug in its beak. Unfortunately, that one was of worse quality sharpness-wise and so I prefer to just keep that one to myself.

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions !!

Kim Rollins
03-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Believe it or not, I think that was the bug that the swallow was after. In the next frame, the swallow was climbing up with the bug in its beak. Unfortunately, that one was of worse quality sharpness-wise and so I prefer to just keep that one to myself.

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions !!

It did cross my mind that it may be the bug it was after however as there was no detail in it there I also wondered if it was sensor dust. I think you should consider replacement of the questionable spot :confused: with a bug with definition.

Best to you