PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Do you bait/feed for photography?

Joerg Rockenberger
03-30-2009, 12:42 AM
The obviously very active and interesting discussion in the thread re baiting/feeding begs the question as to how prevalent the practice really is in this community. I think an anonymous polling may be a good way to get feedback also from the less vocal crowd who may not be comfortable for one or the other reason to participate in the discussion.

I suggest limiting here the options to baiting/feeding in order to obtain a photograph but not if someone is feeding birds in their backyards. Of course, if you use that as a setup to take pictures then it belongs in the yes column.

You can select more than one option in the poll. I assume that the poll allows each user to vote only once. It would be great if someone could confirm that.

I am very curious to see what this reveals. JR

Glen Fox
03-30-2009, 06:39 AM
I believe this is a good idea. However, I believe you should separate the back yard feeder/photo set-ups and use of bird seed and water from baiting .

Within baiting, I would like to see separate questions for (a) baiting owls and raptors with live bate and (b) providing dead, whole or cut-up fish.

Thank you for creating the poll.

Glen Fox

James Shadle
03-30-2009, 12:23 PM
I agree with Glen.
There are a lot of no answers and to few yes answers.
James

William Malacarne
03-30-2009, 12:34 PM
When I looked at the questions I did not consider backyard feeding as being bating and I think most people throughout the thread were leaning that way also. Maybe this poll should be taken down and started over with a small group talking together about what questions that should be asked, before starting it.

Bill