PDA

View Full Version : Australian magpie

Thonnaksar NOP
03-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Grabbed this guy flying across my field of view while waiting for ducks in flight...

D2Hs, 200-400 VR, 1/2500", f/4, @380mm, 200 ISO, Handheld. About 80% of full frame.
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9623/ca80426resize2.jpg

Ákos Lumnitzer
03-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Bon jour mon ami! That is a superbly-detailed image of a male! Love the details indeed in those feathers, the fanned tail. Do you have Photoshop yet? A bit more noise reduction in the BG would be great. ALmost a great head angle too. Thanks for posting. :)

Thonnaksar NOP
03-29-2009, 11:26 PM
Bonjour Akos !
I have CS3 now (in french version !), but need your help for some basic PP...

Ákos Lumnitzer
03-29-2009, 11:29 PM
Bonjour Akos !
I have CS3 now (in french version !), but need your help for some basic PP...

DO you have noise ninja? I'll call you later mon ami. :cool:

Rob Drummond
03-29-2009, 11:39 PM
Great capture, like the fanned tail and detail. If only the head was a little higher or the wing a little lower it would be perfect. Great job also on the exposure.

cheers Rob

Wayne Ellis
03-30-2009, 03:30 AM
Well timed Sar. All the best mate

Stu Bowie
03-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Excellent exposure on both the whites and blacks. I agree, some NR would really make this pop, but still well captured.

Simon Bennett
03-30-2009, 02:59 PM
I like the dynamic pose, cripsness and exposure control. Well done getting him in flight these blokes really motor.

Kim Rollins
03-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Detail is there and very well defined. Very well exposed on a bird that it seems it would not be easy to expose correctly. You are right there with both whites and blacks - Good job!

Noise in this image to me and on this monitor is not really much of an issue at all. Personally I do not think I would like to see much more NR done on this one (I like a little noise at times), but I do have a PS Action that I am sure a very mild pass would be sufficient NR here. If you have access to PS7 or newer message me with an email address and I would send that action and instructions along.

Ákos Lumnitzer
03-30-2009, 06:15 PM
I like the dynamic pose, cripsness and exposure control. Well done getting him in flight these blokes really motor.

Simon,

Isn't it strange that these Maggies are so commonplace yet I think I would struggle to find a nice, artistic image of one?

Thonnaksar NOP
03-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Detail is there and very well defined. Very well exposed on a bird that it seems it would not be easy to expose correctly. You are right there with both whites and blacks - Good job!

Noise in this image to me and on this monitor is not really much of an issue at all. Personally I do not think I would like to see much more NR done on this one (I like a little noise at times), but I do have a PS Action that I am sure a very mild pass would be sufficient NR here. If you have access to PS7 or newer message me with an email address and I would send that action and instructions along.
Sorry Kim, I don't know what PS7 is. Photoshop 7 ???

Kim Rollins
03-31-2009, 12:24 AM
Sorry Kim, I don't know what PS7 is. Photoshop 7 ???

Yes it is. The action will work with Adobe Software PS7, CS, CS2, CS3 or CS4. I saw you were working with Capture NX but did not know if you had access to other software.