PDA

View Full Version : Grasshopper.

Ákos Lumnitzer
03-29-2009, 10:29 PM
I photographed this unknown (to me) grasshoper (Katyid?) at night, with the aid of a torch. Held in one hand, camera in the other. I cannot remember settings. Will add those later. (promise).

30D, 100mm f/2.8 USM macro, HH, probably ISO400 and manual exposure. 430EX, no diffuser.

Almost full frame.

Kaushik Balakumar
03-30-2009, 05:45 AM
Wonderful subject here Akos. But somehow the lighting looks a bit harsh. Was there a spossiblity to move around the subject for a relatively non-distracting BG...

Julie Kenward
03-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Akos, the BG is a bit busy for me. I'd crop down to the bug and the main leaf/leaves and darken the rest using levels or curves. The lighting is a bit harsh but it doesn't have that apparent "caught in the flash" look all over it so I can handle it. However, if you could tone it down a bit that would be a big plus to your image as well!

Mike Moats
03-31-2009, 07:22 AM
Hey Akos, agree with Jules comment.

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-01-2009, 10:58 PM
THanks for the constructive feedback. :) Much appreciated.

Bob Allen
04-18-2009, 11:05 PM
A lovely katydid. The face, eyes, and ears (ears are on its front legs, just below its knee) are wonderfully in focus. I'd like to see it as a vertical: trim 8 cm from left side, 1-2 cm from right side. There are a few blown-out areas, such as on the left side of face, and base of third leg. Perhaps, do a bit of Recovery in Photoshop and lower the exposure a tad.