Light Source : Auto
Flash : Flash was not fired
Focal Length : 200.0 mm
ColorSpace : -1
Sensing Method : One-chip color area sensor
Lens : Nikkor 70-300mm VR

Gus Cobos
03-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Well composed and executed...I like the high bold contrast of the blues against the soft bland diffused background...the details and color rendition of the flowers are superb...good show...:cool:

denise ippolito
03-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Adrian, It's lovely,The composition is very interesting and your colors are gorgeous! Well done.

Kaushik Balakumar
03-30-2009, 05:44 AM
Ah, absolutely beautiful image Adrian. Love the contrasting colours in this image. And also the way u've managed to keep almost all the flowers in focus + isolating the BG.

Julie Kenward
03-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Love the flowers, hate the BG. Sorry, it's still competing for my attention and I want to be looking at those gorgeous blue flowers. Considering the flowers are all almost the exact same height, I bet you could have gotten away with an f4 and not seen quite as much detail in the BG.

Adrian David
03-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Love the flowers, hate the BG. Sorry, it's still competing for my attention and I want to be looking at those gorgeous blue flowers. Considering the flowers are all almost the exact same height, I bet you could have gotten away with an f4 and not seen quite as much detail in the BG.

Unfortunately my lens does not have f4, and the background was very close (about 4-5 cm).

Thank you very much, for the kind words!

Christopher Miller
03-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Lovely shot! DOF is excellent with the flowers very sharp. I don't mind the BG; it's blurred enough for my taste and I like how the blue flowers contrast with the drab BG.

Mike Moats
03-31-2009, 07:26 AM
Hey Adrian, like it a lot. Great contrast, love the details, I think the BG works here because it's so toned down from the main subject that it isn't a problem. It is clutered and if the color tones were the same as the main subject I think it would compete and cause problems, but not the case here.