PDA

View Full Version : Looking Towards April

Julie Kenward
03-29-2009, 03:12 PM
After a good two weeks of beautiful spring weather we just spent the past 24 hours getting sleet, ice and snow. I took photos of my tulip plants & lilac bush buried in snow but I'm too depressed to actually download them. :(

So, to cheer myself up, I went back a few weeks and picked out a nice spring photo to help lift my spirits.

(Look Ed...no white BG!) :D

Canon 40D
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM
f3.2 @ 1/1600th, ISO 200
Manual mode, pattern metering, Sunny WB
Handheld, late afternoon sun
Processed on Camera RAW & CS4

Jackie Schuknecht
03-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Just a few steps back but mostly forward Julie. Nice to be reminded of the flowers. Love the BG too. Spring IS around the corner:)

Kaushik Balakumar
03-30-2009, 05:42 AM
Like the simplicity in this image Julie. However w.r.t colours, the stem looks pretty blueish. Did u work on selectively reducing the WB on the BG...?

Mike Moats
03-31-2009, 07:30 AM
At least you have something to shoot, I'm still waiting. Nice image.

Ed Vatza
04-01-2009, 03:58 AM
(Look Ed...no white BG!) :D

Sorry its taken a bit to respond. I've been under the weather since the weekend. I've played a bit with my blog but that's been about it.

Yes, no white background. I just think the dark backgrounds look richer! :) Of course, I have also read somewhere that you shouldn't use a black background either. But that's OK because I break that rule! :D

Hope the weather is being more cooperative for you now. In the meantime, keep digging up these nice spring images.

Julie Kenward
04-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Kaushik, no, I didn't...this was pretty straight out of camera if I remember correctly. They daffodil stems do tend to photograph on the blue side of green though.

Ed, sorry to hear you've been under the weather.

Mike...hang on...spring is coming!!!