PDA

View Full Version : Little Egret (captive)

Ivan Garcia
03-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Hello all.
Although I've been lurking for a while, This is my actual first post on the forum.
The image below was taken while picking up my Friend of ZSL Membership at the London Zoo. (England)
I was passing through and in a real hurry, so only time for one quick picture while they were printing the card.
This Little Egret was resting in the Penguin enclosure (opposite the Membership Kiosk).
Just levels, linear curve, and USM applied. Hope you guys like it.

http://www.igdimages.co.uk/Forums/DS3_3976.jpg

Exif: Canon EOS 1Ds MKIII + EF 500mm f/4 L IS - ISO 200 - 1/800 sec - f/4

Randy Stout
03-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Ivan:

Welcome to BPN!!

Your bird does look sharp, the whites were well exposed.

I wish for a bit of head turn our way, more room on the bottom and just a touch on the right. The tag is always a bit distracting, but that is the bird you had to work with.

Keep them coming!

Randy

Axel Hildebrandt
03-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Welcome to BPN, Ivan! Very nice first post. I like the eye contact and details. I would increase the color temperature a bit and give it more room at the bottom. Keep them coming!

Ákos Lumnitzer
03-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Welcome and keep it up! :)

Well exposed, though cold looking. Also a little tight, but both things were mentioned. Not to worry, pretty good for a quick snap I say! :)

Ivan Garcia
03-30-2009, 07:58 AM
Hi all.
Thank you for the kind welcome and input.
I suspected the bird was framed a little too tight, in my defence, it was a quick hand held capture. I shall try harder next time.
The image looks cold because the weather was awful, with hind sight, I guess it can benefit from a warmer white balance.
Again, thank you all for taking the time to view and comment my image. I sure apreciate it.
Regards
Ivan